Maximum Dollar Amounts for Grants
$5,000 (U.S. dollars) for Pierre Fauchard Academy Section programs under the Section's control and in which a significant number of Fellows participate.
$10,000 (U.S. dollars) for Service projects that provide increased access to dental care for the public in need.
Restrictions - The Foundation Will Not Fund
- The purchase of major equipment costing more than Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000.).
- University or institutional overhead costs.
- Salaries (this includes any personnel costs or doctor’s fees).
- Travel and any related travel expenses.
- Questionnaires and surveys.
- Capital Projects.
- Land and/or building acquisitions.
- Social services of a non-dental nature.
- Programs that are the government’s responsibility and are supported by tax revenues.
- The development, maintenance or revision of temporary or permanent museum type dental exhibits.
- Funding of political candidate’s activities or lobbying efforts.
- Schools below the college level.
- Dinners, tables or tickets to fund raising events.
- Advertising in charitable publications.
- Promotional activities such as trophies, prizes or trips.
- Endowed chairs.
- Funding to the general funds of other foundations or organizations. However, specific projects or programs conducted by other foundations or organizations may be considered for grants.
Only non-profit 501(c)(3) or 509(a) if applicable, tax exempt organizations and individuals employed by such organization are eligible to receive Foundation funding. In the United States and its protectorates, a proposal submitted by other than a tax exempt organization, will be rejected. Tax exempt organizations outside of the United States shall abide by the same governing rules as those adhered to by organizations within the country in which the tax-exempt status applies and recognized by the appropriate governing body. Each organization shall agree to take full legal, fiscal and administrative responsibility for their projects.